Dunscore Hillwalking Group meets once a month on a Saturday amd is led by Colin and Pam Mitchell. A midweek, low level, evening walk takes place during the summer months.
All levels of experience are catered for. New members to the group are always very welcome.
Contact Pam or Colin on 01387 820455 for further details.
Pam and Colin are both holders of a Mountain Leadership certificate (summer) and have many years of experience in the hills and mountains of Britain. They also have considerable experience of walking in the Alps and Pyrenees. Colin is also a member of the Moffat Mountain Rescue Team.
The Dunscore Walking group was formed in 2006 in response to one of the outcomes of a Community Survey undertaken at the end of 2005.
Many people requested a group to organise walks, both locally and further afield. Safety rules and guidance
- Alternative walks will be arranged in the case of bad weather
- If you feel unwell, or are taking medication that may affect your ability to take part in the walk, you must inform the leader
- Dogs are not allowed on the walks
- The walks are not races! It is important to keep the group together.
- The leader’s decision is final
- Make sure you have the equipment specified for the walk. If you do not have any item(s) please let the leader know. We can probably arrange to borrow some.
EQUIPMENT FOR WALKS ESSENTIAL
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Warm hat and gloves
- Walking boots and socks
- Warm pullover/fleece
- Packed lunch and hot drink
- Spare food eg Mars Bar
- Rucksack with waterproof liner
- Map and compass
- First aid kit